Prevail Bank to match donations to the Taylor County Supportive Housing project
Prevail Bank is encouraging the Medford community to donate to the Taylor County Supportive Housing organization. Taylor County Supportive Housing provides those who are homeless with safe and secure shelter, food, support and solutions, with a primary emphasis on connecting residents with permanent housing solutions. Anyone in the community can drop off monetary donations to Prevail Bank in Medford at 675 E. Broadway Avenue by December 17, 2021. Prevail Bank will match donations up to a total of $1,000.
Laura Deuso, Prevail Bank’s Branch Manager in Medford, states, “We chose the Taylor County Supportive Housing project because it helps individuals and families who are less fortunate due to life circumstances. Warm, secure, affordable housing is difficult to find, especially if unexpected financial circumstances causes a hardship. This program wouldn’t be possible without the generous support of the community; we’re proud to be a part of it.”
Prevail Bank is also matching all donations up to $1,000 total at its other locations. Each location is supporting the following organization:
• The Baraboo location will be collecting donations for the Sauk County Children’s Giving Tree. This organization provides a variety of products including Christmas toys, clothing and supplies to children and families in Sauk County.
• The Eau Claire location will be collecting donations for the Christmas is for Children program. Choose a Child’s tag from our tree and purchase presents for them to open on Christmas. All Children receiving gifts are from the local community. The Child’s tag includes a wish list and clothing sizes, for purchases of up to a $35 value for each child.
• The Marshfield location is collecting funds for the Ronald McDonald House. The Ronald McDonald House reduces the stress and financial burden for families when they must travel far from home to access medical care for their child.
• The Owen location will be collecting donations for the W-O-W Kids’ Meals program. This program serves children in the Owen-Withee School District and is affiliated with the Feed My People organization. These organizations collect and distribute food to students in need for the weekends, when they don’t have access to school meals. Prevail Bank, as well as the Owen-Withee Lions Club, will match all donations up to $1,000.
• The Phillips location will be collecting donations for the Santa’s Elves Foundation. They provide Christmas gifts & necessary basic living essentials (personal care items, winter outerwear, etc.) to children of families in financial need.
• The Stevens Point location will be collecting donations for the United Way of Portage County. Since 1945, this organization focused on providing positive change and services to its community, encompassing the areas of education, health, and financial stability.
• The Wausau location will be collecting donations for the Catholic Charities’ Wausau Community Warming Center. The warming center is an action step of the Wausau Housing and Homelessness Coalition, raising awareness to end homelessness in Marathon County. It provides a warm, safe environment in addition to a nightly hot meal and carryout breakfast.
• The Wisconsin Rapids location will be collecting donations for Park Place Adult Day Services. This agency provides a safe environment, with trained professionals and compassionate staff, who help dependent adults maintain the maximum level of independence and function, while promoting socialization and mental stimulation.
Prevail Bank is a federally chartered savings bank founded in 1934 with assets of $833 million with offices in Eau Claire, Baraboo, Marshfield, Medford, Owen, Phillips, Stevens Point, Wausau and Wisconsin Rapids.