UW-Stevens Point plans to return to full campus experience in fall
The University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point is planning for a return to a more familiar, engaging campus experience in the Fall 2021 semester.
“We are excited to welcome you in fall to the campus experience you expect: One that is engaging in and out of the classroom. One that helps you learn and grow in many ways. One we all crave,” Chancellor Thomas Gibson told students and employees.
• A vast majority of courses in-person
• A restored sense of community in residence halls
• In-person student support services
• A return to live entertainment, including music and theater
• In-person recreation and intramural sports schedule
• In-person student organizations, activities and hanging out with friends
• Athletic competition with fans Faculty and academic support areas are planning for a full return to in-person teaching. They are working on fall schedules, which will be available in early March for students to register. UW-Stevens Point is committed to student success, which including in the course format that meets students’ comfort The health and safety of students, faculty, staff and communities will remain a top priority, Gibson said. “A return to the full, familiar campus experience is possible only because of your continued vigilance. We hope we are turning a corner from the greatest crisis of our lifetime.”
Regular testing of students and employees, requiring face coverings, physically distancing and increased sanitizing/cleaning protocols continue on all UW-Stevens Point campuses. University leaders continue monitoring the situation and working with state and local health officials to quickly pivot if needed.
“We’ll commit to maintaining healthy behaviors essential to a successful return,” Gibson said. “We are confident we will return stronger, wiser and more resilient.”
While campuses and field stations remain closed to the public, this will be re-evaluated in March for summer and fall activities and community events. Prospective students are welcome to visit, and retail operations are open in the Dreyfus University Center.