Marathon Metals signs lease in Stratford park
Marathon Metals, LLC has signed a one-year lease with the Stratford Area Economic Development Foundation to operate its business in a spec building located in the Stratford Business/Industrial Park. Bob Kulp started Marathon Metals 20 years ago in his Kulp’s roofing facility on STH 153 east of Stratford. Kulp now owns 90 percent of Marathon Metals, LCC and his business partner, Kirk Haigh, owns the remaining 10 percent. Haigh also owns 10 percent of Kulp Companies, which is the parent company of Kulp’s of Stratford, LLC and Marathon Metals, LLC.
Marathon Metals, LLC manufactures roofing and wall panels, and architectural items such as church crosses, finials, steeples and dome roofs.
Kulp said Marathon Metals, LLC is starting out with two full-time employees working inside the spec building in the Stratford Business/Industrial Park. He expects the business to expand to having a total of three to four full-time employees within a year.
The Stratford Area Economic Development Foundation made plans in the fall of 2017 to construct a just unrection
der 10,000 square-foot spec building on Knoll Avenue in the Stratford Business/ Industrial Park to make it easier for a company to start up or relocate to the village. The village of Stratford Board voted to approve the sale of 4.61 acres of land to the Stratford Area Economic Development Foundation in the Stratford Business/Industrial Park for construction of the spec building. The spec building has been vacant since it was built, until now.