Downtown Rib Lake road work begins May 23
Travel through downtown Rib Lake will get more difficult beginning next week. Members of the Rib Lake Village Board on May 11 received an update on the McComb Ave./Landall Ave. reconstruction project that is slated to begin on May 23.
The projected timeline for the Mc-Comb/Landall reconstruction project is as follows:
• Start date on May 23.
• Road demolition on May 25.
• Storm sewer beginning installation May 31.
• Electrical underground on June 23.
• Base aggregate on June 30.
• Curb and gutter on July 6.
• Manhole and valve adjustment on July 22.
• Site restoration on July 22.
• Asphalt on July 27.
• Pavement markings on July 29.
• Projected date of completion: August 2 The Memorial Day parade will follow an alternate parade route. The parade will be from Pearl St. to Fayette, then to the memorial site.
In other business: Brush pickup is currently on a monthly basis. It was decided among the board to do brush pickup bi-weekly during June and July and throughout the month of August will be as needed.
A motion was made to hire an environmental specialist to evaluate village owned land. Three spots and five lots will be evaluated.
Class A and Class B Liquor licenses were approved with the exception of Drink Slingers. In the past, Drink Slingers LLC, has had several violations, and a suspension related to having unlicensed bartenders, and THC on the premises. Since their suspension they have had more violations. Following a closed session, board members voted to deny renewing the liquor license at Wednesday’s village board meeting.
Picnic License for the Ice Age Committee’s Fish fry on May 27 was approved.
A $2,000 donation was approved for the Rib Lake Fireworks display.
Erin Peterson announced her resignation from the Library board.
The village of Rib Lake is going to pursue the issue of the damaged fire hydrant that occurred on May 7.