Posted on



_ March 3 - An officer met with a Colby woman who wanted to report damage to her car. The woman showed the officer three chip marks on the hood of her vehicle. She said she noticed the marks on Friday, Feb. 28, a day after she washed her vehicle at a car wash. She asked the officer if he thought the marks were made by stones.

The officer said the marks could have been made by flying debris from the roadway. Upon inspecting the marks, the officer believed the damage was not done intentionally. The officer photographed the chips in the paint, and agreed to do a report so the woman could report the damage to her insurance.

_ March3-Anofficerresponded to an Abbotsford residence after a woman reported suspicious activity. The complainant said her ex-boyfriend had been living with her for about two weeks before she kicked him out because he was using drugs and alcohol around her baby. She said he was now staying with someone in Dorchester, but he had been sending her phone messages saying he wanted to come back to her apartment.

The complainant said one of the messages indicated that he was in her minivan outside her apartment. The officer checked but did not find him in the minivan or anywhere else on the property. The complainant said she had not actually seen him that night, but was concerned due to the messages he sent.

The officer tried calling the ex, but no one answered and he was unable to leave a message. The complainant also called an unidentifi ed individual and asked that person to relay a message to her ex that he was not welcome at her place.

_ March 3 - An Abbotsford man came to the police department to report possible identity theft. The man said he had recently received a notice to appear in court, and he learned that he was being sued by a loan company for $1,313. He said he found out that the company had received a faxed loan document in 2014 from his previous place of employment, but he does not believe he was working there at the time.

The complainant said the loan was applied for online, even though he doesn’t own a computer and doesn’t know how to use one. He said some of the loan paperwork was sent to a PO box number he had not used in nearly 10 years. He said he previously worked at a company in Medford that was victimized by a hacker who stole employees’ personal information. He suspects that someone used this information to apply for a loan in his name. The complainant said the person who received the loan money was using an account at a local credit union. He said he would pass along any future information to police.

_ March 5 - An officer was on patrol in Colby when he noticed a vehicle with several items hanging from the rear-view mirror, obstructing the driver’s view. The officer pulled the vehicle over after as it turned onto South First Street.

Two officers were in the squad, so one of them spoke to the driver while the other talked to the passenger. The passenger appeared nervous when speaking to the officers. When asked if there were any drugs in the vehicle, both the driver and passenger said no. A K-9 was deployed and alerted to the presence of narcotics. Dispatch also indicated that the driver was on probation for drug offenses and the passenger was not allowed to have contact with anyone on active court supervision.

A search of the driver uncovered an empty magazine for an air soft pistol. The pistol itself was on the floor of the driver’s seat. The driver said he uses the pistol to play around with his wife. A search of the passenger revealed a digital scale and two bags of methamphetamine, which fell out when the officer shook the suspect’s pant legs.

The driver and passenger were both arrested on probation holds, and over 4 grams of meth were confiscated. A debit card belonging to a female party was also recovered from the passenger and returned to its owner.

_ March 6 - An officer responded to Abbotsford High School in reference to a bullying complaint. The officer spoke to the principal, who said a mother was claiming that nothing was being done about her daughter being bullied by a female classmate. The daughter claimed that the classmate had recently pushed her, and that it happens all the time. The mother said she had already talked to the school resource officer (SRO), but that turned out to not be true.

The officer reviewed surveillance video of the students, and it was clear that the complainant’s daughter was not shoved or pushed in any way. The classmate appeared to move her arm away as she walked by, and at most, she grazed the other student’s hair. The complainant’s daughter was called into the principal’s office to review the video. The officer asked her what her definition of “push” was, and she just shrugged her shoulders repeatedly. She eventually admitted to making up the accusation because she wanted to get her classmate in trouble. She said the classmate is constantly picking on her.

The classmate was called into the office, and the officer spoke to both girls about the issues they were having. Eventually, it was determined that most of the conflict was a misunderstanding. After some discussion, the officer advised them both to contact the principal and SRO in the future if they are have any further problems. They both agreed to do so.

After leaving the school, the officer contacted the mother who had made the complaint. He explained to her that he reviewed the school video and determined that her daughter had not been pushed. The mother brought up a past incident in which her daughter allegedly had her hair pulled. She claimed she had spoken to the SRO about it. The officer said he’s confident it was handled properly.

_ March 6 - An officer responded to a Colby apartment in reference to a disturbance. The complainant said a woman who had previously stayed at his apartment wanted to pick up her possessions. He had told her that he would gather her stuff and place it outside his apartment. The woman did not call ahead of time before showing up, and the complainant called the police after she wouldn’t stop knocking on his door.

The complainant said he would have the woman’s possessions ready for pick-up the following day. The officer informed the woman and her mother that they were not allowed into the apartment and would have to return the following day to pick up the possessions. He also advised them to contact an officer about doing a civil standby.

_ March 6 - An officer was on patrol in Abbotsford when he noticed a southbound vehicle on STH 13 cross over the center line three times in a matter of a few blocks. The officer ran the vehicle’s registration number, and the owner came back as having a suspended license.

The officer activated his emergency lights, and the vehicle continued traveling left of the center line before pulling into a parking lot. The driver provided his name but said he did not speak any English. The officer could smell alcohol on his breath, but the driver denied having anything to drink. Dispatch confirmed that the driver’s license was suspended. Due to the language barrier, the driver was taken to the police station for sobriety tests with a translator.

The driver showed signs of intoxication, and he also registered a .12 blood-alcohol level on the breathalyzer. He was cited for drunk driving, driving with a suspended license and operating left of the center line. He was released to a sober party.

_ March 7 - An officer was dispatched to an Abbotsford residence in reference to a suspicious activity complaint. The caller said a vehicle with three occupants had been parked at the end of his driveway for the past hour.

The officer located the vehicle when he arrived, and it started to take off slowly down the street. The officer pulled in front of the vehicle and activated his emergency lights. As the officer approached the vehicle, he could see several empty beer cans and bottles inside. The offi cer could smell alcohol as he spoke to the driver. Two open beer cans could be seen in the center console, and the officer asked the driver to hand them over, but he did not, so the offi- cer opened the car and dumped out the beer. The officer also noticed a beer box filled with empty cans and bottles, lying on the floor between the front passenger’s legs. When asked, the driver said he had “about two beers.” Dispatch reported that he had suspended license. A Clark County deputy arrived on scene to assist. The homeowner came out and told police that the vehicle pulled into his driveway, pulled around and parked there for about an hour. He said this kind of activity happens regularly.

The passengers were told to walk home while the driver was taken to the police station for sobriety tests with a translator. One of the passengers was issued a citation for having open intoxicants in a motor vehicle.

The driver underwent sobriety tests and registered a .22 blood alcohol level. He was cited for drunk driving, driving without a license, having open intoxicants in a motor vehicle and driving without insurance. He was released to a sober party.