– Cornell Library –
– Cornell Library –
The Cornell Public Library is planning to have a “soft opening,” starting July 1. This will be the plan until further notice. We will keep people notified as things progress.
What you need to know:
• We will still offer curbside for anyone who prefers to continue picking things up. Just call ahead to make arrangements. The library staff will get your items together and call when they are available for pick-up.
• The library doors will continue to remain locked.
• We can only allow six people in the library at one time, including staff.
• Patrons can call to set up an appointment to come into the library and pick out items for checkout. You may also call when you plan to leave home, to see if you will be able to come in.
• We will let people into the library only through the ramp door by the parking lot.
• Our bathroom will not be open to patrons.
• We will have hand sanitizer inside the door and we ask that people use it when they come in.
• If you have a mask, we ask that you wear it for your safety and also for the staff members present; however, we will not require patrons to use one.
• We will continue to sanitize items as they are returned and quarantine them for 72 hours.
• We will have one computer available for adult use only. Call to reserve a time.
Our patrons can find our library catalog on our website at cornellpl.org. Click on the green catalog button on the upper right side of the home page, then click on “Cornell Public Library” to access the catalog.
You can search by title, author or subject. When a title comes up, you will see a “0 of 1 available,” or a 1 of 1 available.” If “1 of 1 available” comes up, you will know that the item is available. A “0 of 1 available” means the item is either out or on order. Patrons can request these items and they will be put on the reserve for when the item becomes available.
Patrons can call the library and leave a message about items they would like to reserve or pick up. Our phone number is 715-239-3709. You can also email us at publiclibrary@ cornellpl.org, to make requests.
Library Hours: Monday and Tuesday, 1-5 p.m; Wednesday, 1-8 p.m.; Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.